We encourage the community to walk a mile in their shoes …. our virtual walk-a-thon will benefit foster, kinship, adopted and under-resourced children, and the families who take care of them!
Children don’t choose to walk paths littered with abuse, neglect and poverty. But too often that is the journey they must walk until help steps in. Please walk with us to give them the help they need to be successful on their journey to a bright future. We help with the following:
- Basic needs for food, clothing, health/self-care.
- Compassion when entering foster care – No trash bags for their belongings!
- Opportunities for enhanced mentoring and extra-curricular activities
- Educational support for early career development
- College or vocational scholarships
In this walk-a-thon YOU choose whose shoes you would like to walk in . . . someone you admire or aspire to be like . . . or the profession/career that you’re pursuing/want to pursue. Maybe you’ll choose someone who changed the world for the better, or a superhero, or other fun character. Send a photo of the person/character you’re representing and describe in a couple sentences why you chose him/her. We will share a select number of photos on our social media accounts. Please send photos you are willing to share without compensation.
Registration is as follows
- Children 5 and under are free
- Youth 6 – 17 are $6 each
- Individual adults are $12 each
- Family of 2 – 3 is $15
- Family of 4 or more is $18
Higher donation amounts would be very much appreciated!
“People of excellence go the extra mile to do what’s right.”
~ Joel Osteen